So last week I had the good fortune to be able to visit Zappos corporate headquarters in Las Vegas along with a few busloads of other Keller Williams agents. What was interesting, and why I know we were introduced to the tour, is that Real Estate agents can learn a lot from an online shoe and accessory retailer. At the end of the day, what is it that we all do in business? We are customer service representatives.
So here are a few things that I noticed while perusing the halls of Zappos:
- I heard the company say time and time again that they are not a numbers driven company, but a customer experience driven company.
- They were built on mostly word of mouth referrals.
- Each employee is given the freedom to express themselves as they wish, allowing them to grow at the speed they wish.
- The company lists its Core Values everywhere, and the employees live and breathe it.
- They only hire employees that fit in their mold and who share their values.
- They believe that a happy employee equals a happy customer.
So how do we take these lessons and look at in Real Estate terms?
- Be insane about your customer service. It is easier to get your clients to share your name with others if they love what you did for them.
- Be yourself in your business and embrace what makes you different. Clients can tell if you are not being genuine or that you are only working with them for the paycheck.
- Share our Core Values with your clients. When people see that you are about more than just making money, they want to become a part of your tribe and will want others to as well.
- Only work with customers who share your values and do not be afraid to stop working for someone who might make you bend on your values.
- Work daily to find personal happiness. We have all heard that you cannot love others until you love yourself. Happy people are contagious and being that person will attract more customers who are looking for that great experience that you can give them.
At the end of the day, you need to be true to yourself, think outside of the box a little and just have some fun. Remember that for your customers, purchasing or selling a home is a once in a while activity…..make it a great memory for them. This is the key to your success!
Here is to your success!!!
Team Leader | CEO
Keller Williams Integrity First Realty
2500 S. Power Rd. Suite 121
Mesa, AZ 85209